What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is an aesthetic treatment for the appearance of fine lines, acne scars and the skin texture, tone and color. SkinPen is the first microneedling cleared by the FDA device with results and safety. SkinPen microneedling has been clinically shown to be effective for women and men with skin ranging from light to very dark. Likewise, SkinPen’s mechanical process is less abrasive than chemical peels. In addition, when you properly space treatments that are overseen by a physician, the procedures can be administered year-round.
How Microneedling Works?
SkinPen microneedling creates controlled micro-injuries to stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process while minimizing cellular damage. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
Benefits of Microneedling Treatments
The benefits of SkinPen microneedling include a reduction in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and scars, as well as younger-looking skin with fewer signs of aging. Microneedling can also have a positive effect on the appearance of hyperpigmentation, dark spots, acne scars, and stretch marks, and creates a fresh appearance or glow to the skin. Most microneedling patients are red for just 24 hours or less. That advantage means you can get the procedure performed on a Friday and be back to normal for work on Monday.*
Automated Micro-Needling FAQs
We have compiled a list of questions that we are frequently asked during our consultations for automated micro-needling treatments. We recommend that you schedule a complimentary consultation by calling our office at (425) 420-2663.
A sterile cartridge containing 12 tiny micro-points is attached to the Eclipse MicroPen®. One of our Master Aestheticians will apply a thin layer of saline solution to your skin, and then select the appropriate treatment setting based on your unique needs. Next, in a single motion, the pen will be gently pressed against your skin while simultaneously gliding until the entire treatment area has been covered.
“Do not worry if there is some unevenness after the first treatment, this is normal. Makeup can be used starting right after the treatment, as long as it is applied and removed very gently.”
Palomar 1540 Fractional Treatment Preparation
12 MONTHS PRIOR:
- Stop use of Accutane
10-14 DAYS PRIOR:
- Purchase several bags of ice packs/frozen peas
- We recommend purchasing a gentle post laser cleanser and moisturizer
- Do not use any of your Retinol based products
- Do not use any glycolic acid and/or exfoliating treatments
- Avoid sun exposure 2 weeks prior to your treatment
- Do not wax
- If you have a history of cold sores, please call us at (425) 420-2663, you will need a prescription for Valtrex or Famvir to begin the day or two days before your treatment
DAY OF YOUR TREATMENT:
- PLEASE BE ON TIME—we need your full appointment time for numbing and photos.
- Arrive with no makeup or eye contacts.
- Bring a wide brimmed hat to your appointment to wear after your treatment.
- We recommend you eat a meal 1-2 hours, and have no caffeine, 4 hours before your treatment to prevent you from feeling jittery.
- Stay Hydrated. Drink plenty of water before, during and after your treatment. This can help improve your healing time.
Post-Care Instructions for Palomar 1540
- Very Important—Ice for 10-20 minutes (10-20 on, 10-20 off) every 2-3 hours for the first 2 days to reduce swelling
- Take Aleve and/or Ibuprofen (as directed) for discomfort and Benadryl or Claritin to reduce swelling
- Avoid taking hot showers and redirect shower spray away from treatment area for the first 48-72 hours
- Avoid saunas and hot tubs
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 48-72 hours
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and high sodium foods/drinks for 24-72 hours depending on degree of swelling
- Sleep with 1-2 extra pillows at night, keeping your head raised for the first 2 nights to help reduce swelling
- Do not use any retinol products for 1-2 weeks post-procedure
- Do not use any non-prescription creams without checking with us first for 2 weeks after
- Refrain from any chemical peel treatments or microdermabrasion for 2-4 weeks
- Make-up may be applied the next day, if no blistering occurs
- Avoid scratching, rubbing the treated skin – do not put adhesive dressings over treated areas.
- Men may gently shave 3 days post-treatment
- Avoid direct sunlight for a minimum of 4 weeks after your treatment. Wear a Dr. Bryan McIntosh approved physical sun protection for the next 4 weeks. If actively outdoors, you should reapply your sunscreen every 80 minutes and wear a wide-brimmed hat.
Dr. Bryan C. McIntosh is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with over 10 years of experience. Patients from all over Bellevue, Seattle, Redmond, Kirkland, as far east as Yakima, north to Bellingham, and down to Tacoma have been treated by Dr. McIntosh. In his Bellevue office you'll also meet the perfect team of hand-picked aesthetic professionals who truly care about you, and want to ensure you have the best experience possible.
THE #1 REGRET OF MOST PLASTIC SURGERY PATIENTS IS THAT THEY DIDN'T TAKE ACTION SOONER, BUT WE UNDERSTAND IT CAN BE A BIG LIFE DECISION. CONTACT US TODAY TO SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION.
As always Dr. McIntosh is great! Love my results and his friendly/welcoming disposition as well as his front desk staff—Angela in particular make the visit even better. Dr. McIntosh has helped me feel better in my own skin and become my authentic self. I no longer hate what I see in the mirror. -Jaime
After visiting several different places for injectables over the years, I can say Dr. McIntosh is BY FAR the absolute best. His skill in giving a natural look is amazing. Add in his extremely amazing bedside manner and he is my favorite hands down. His office staff are the warmest, kindest, most caring people I’ve ever come in contact with. I have also had the most amazing experiences with Susie, the Esthetician Extraordinaire. She has completely changed my skin! -Alicia
Book now! You won't regret it. I am in the health care field and have dealt with all sorts of practitioners. Never have I encountered such care, such precision, and such incredible bedside manner. Dr. McIntosh treats me like I am the most important thing in his day, and this is his true personality whether he is speaking to the mailman or a large surgery case. He is brilliant beyond words and has a team of staff that follow suit. Thank you so so so much for being AMAZING!!! - Bellevue Dental Health
I could have never picked a better doctor, I will recommend him over and over again. He is understanding and knows exactly what he's doing. He truly cares for patients and I'm always impressed and satisfied after talking with him. I wish I could give more then 5 stars but if you're looking for an amazing doctor then Dr. Maclntosh is the doctor you want!! - Jazmin