1540 Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing
We have invested in the latest fractional laser technology to provide the best skin resurfacing treatment available. Our new Palomar Icon™ 1540 Fractional Laser is a versatile tool used for a variety of conditions where skin resurfacing treatment can provide dramatic improvement to your skin‘s appearance, and is the only FDA cleared laser for skin resurfacing.
This treatment can be performed on many areas of the body. It is an excellent treatment option for the face, neck, chest, eyes, arms, legs and back. The face is the most common area to be treated. Eyelids can be improved such that an eyelid lift may be delayed for many years to come. Loose skin of the neck can be tightened and smoothed. Acne scars are a source of embarrassment for many people, and these are improved with this laser. Even the hands can be treated to reverse the signs of aging on an area that is often neglected.*
THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS CAN BE EFFECTIVELY TREATED USING OUR PALOMAR ICON 1540 FRACTIONAL LASER:
- Sun damage (wrinkles, fine lines, crow’s feet, aging skin)
- Surgical and traumatic scars
- Acne scars
- Stretch marks (striae)
- Skin irregularities
How Palomar 1540 Works
The Palomar 1540 utilizes a non-ablative erbium laser to stimulate collagen and create a more even tone and texture to the skin. This highly-specialized laser delivers light to the skin through an array of precision microbeams that penetrate deep into the skin‘s dermis, creating thousands of narrow, but deep columns of skin coagulation surrounded by healthy and untreated skin. This allows the skin to repair itself, replacing surface pigment and damaged skin with new, healthy and younger looking skin. By leaving the surrounding areas untreated, it enables the skin to heal much faster than if the entire area were treated all at once.
Using the body’s natural healing process to create new, healthy tissue, we are able to achieve beautiful results with very little downtime. Lines and wrinkles are smoothed, scars are improved, pores become smaller, and the skin is tightened overall, resulting in significant improvement to the skin’s surface appearance.*
During your consultation, we will make a recommendation that is best for your skin type and desired outcome. On average, treatments are performed in a series of 3-5 sessions, approximately 3-4 weeks apart. To see what this laser treatment could do for you, arrange for a consultation. You’ll be glad you did.
1540 Fractional Laser FAQs
We have compiled a list of questions that we are frequently asked during our consultations for Fractional Laser treatments. We recommend that you schedule a complimentary consultation by calling our office at (425) 420-2663.
On average, you can expect approximately 10-20% improvement in texture with each treatment. Therefore, we recommend a series of 3-5 treatments, 3-4 weeks apart depending on what you are targeting.*
“We recommend an exfoliation treatment including microdermabrasion or a dermaplane treatment 10-14 days after your Fractional treatment. The exfoliation treatment will help remove resurface and rehydrate the skin for your next treatment.”
Palomar 1540 Fractional Treatment Preparation
12 MONTHS PRIOR:
- Stop use of Accutane
10-14 DAYS PRIOR:
- Purchase several bags of ice packs/frozen peas
- We recommend purchasing a gentle post laser cleanser and moisturizer
- Do not use any of your Retinol based products
- Do not use any glycolic acid and/or exfoliating treatments
- Avoid sun exposure 2 weeks prior to your treatment
- Do not wax
- If you have a history of cold sores, please call us at (425) 420-2663, you will need a prescription for Valtrex or Famvir to begin the day or two days before your treatment
DAY OF YOUR TREATMENT:
- PLEASE BE ON TIME—we need your full appointment time for numbing and photos.
- Arrive with no makeup or eye contacts.
- Bring a wide brimmed hat to your appointment to wear after your treatment.
- We recommend you eat a meal 1-2 hours, and have no caffeine, 4 hours before your treatment to prevent you from feeling jittery.
- Stay Hydrated. Drink plenty of water before, during and after your treatment. This can help improve your healing time.
Post-Care Instructions for Palomar 1540
- Very Important—Ice for 10-20 minutes (10-20 on, 10-20 off) every 2-3 hours for the first 2 days to reduce swelling
- Take Aleve and/or Ibuprofen (as directed) for discomfort and Benadryl or Claritin to reduce swelling
- Avoid taking hot showers and redirect shower spray away from treatment area for the first 48-72 hours
- Avoid saunas and hot tubs
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 48-72 hours
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and high sodium foods/drinks for 24-72 hours depending on degree of swelling
- Sleep with 1-2 extra pillows at night, keeping your head raised for the first 2 nights to help reduce swelling
- Do not use any retinol products for 1-2 weeks post-procedure
- Do not use any non-prescription creams without checking with us first for 2 weeks after
- Refrain from any chemical peel treatments or microdermabrasion for 2-4 weeks
- Make-up may be applied the next day, if no blistering occurs
- Avoid scratching, rubbing the treated skin – do not put adhesive dressings over treated areas.
- Men may gently shave 3 days post-treatment
- Avoid direct sunlight for a minimum of 4 weeks after your treatment. Wear a Dr. Bryan McIntosh approved physical sun protection for the next 4 weeks. If actively outdoors, you should reapply your sunscreen every 80 minutes and wear a wide-brimmed hat.
Dr. Bryan C. McIntosh is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with over 10 years of experience. Patients from all over Bellevue, Seattle, Redmond, Kirkland, as far east as Yakima, north to Bellingham, and down to Tacoma have been treated by Dr. McIntosh. In his Bellevue office you'll also meet the perfect team of hand-picked aesthetic professionals who truly care about you, and want to ensure you have the best experience possible.
THE #1 REGRET OF MOST PLASTIC SURGERY PATIENTS IS THAT THEY DIDN'T TAKE ACTION SOONER, BUT WE UNDERSTAND IT CAN BE A BIG LIFE DECISION. CONTACT US TODAY TO SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION.
As always Dr. McIntosh is great! Love my results and his friendly/welcoming disposition as well as his front desk staff—Angela in particular make the visit even better. Dr. McIntosh has helped me feel better in my own skin and become my authentic self. I no longer hate what I see in the mirror. -Jaime
After visiting several different places for injectables over the years, I can say Dr. McIntosh is BY FAR the absolute best. His skill in giving a natural look is amazing. Add in his extremely amazing bedside manner and he is my favorite hands down. His office staff are the warmest, kindest, most caring people I’ve ever come in contact with. I have also had the most amazing experiences with Susie, the Esthetician Extraordinaire. She has completely changed my skin! -Alicia
Book now! You won't regret it. I am in the health care field and have dealt with all sorts of practitioners. Never have I encountered such care, such precision, and such incredible bedside manner. Dr. McIntosh treats me like I am the most important thing in his day, and this is his true personality whether he is speaking to the mailman or a large surgery case. He is brilliant beyond words and has a team of staff that follow suit. Thank you so so so much for being AMAZING!!! - Bellevue Dental Health
I could have never picked a better doctor, I will recommend him over and over again. He is understanding and knows exactly what he's doing. He truly cares for patients and I'm always impressed and satisfied after talking with him. I wish I could give more then 5 stars but if you're looking for an amazing doctor then Dr. Maclntosh is the doctor you want!! - Jazmin